University of Utrecht Netherlands 2022 Excellence Scholarships for International Students
About Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
The University of Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is a highly selective program meant for talented international students from outside the EU countries, Liechtenstein, Iceland, and Norway who seek to pursue a Master’s degree at Utrecht University.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- You must have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international Master’s programme in one of the acceptable programmes (please check UU masters> Master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity) with a start date of 1 September 2022.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees or tuition fees and the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.
In a 2-years Master’s programme the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the Utrecht Excellence scholarship must apply before 31 January 2022 (23:59 CET).
Eligible candidates are selected for a Utrecht Excellence scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by your Master’s application;
- Academic excellence, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution overview, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your University);
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
HOW TO APPLY FOR A UNIVERSITY OF UTRECHT NETHERLANDS 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS
After submitting an application (or applications) for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship eligible Master’s programme, before the 31 January 2022 (23:59 CET) deadline (non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2021), you will see the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard.
Click View/edit for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship linked to the programme you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10%, answer the questions and submit the application.
Visit www.uu.nl/masters/ to apply
Visit www.uu.nl/masters/en/ to learn more
The funds for the scholarships come from the UES Fund, established by Utrecht University, and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.