Schulich Leader Scholarships for Canadian Students 2022
The Schulich Foundation invites applications from all qualified graduating high school students across Canada who plan to pursue higher degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
Philanthropist Seymour Schulich launched in 2012, a $100+ million scholarship fund that provides up to 100 undergraduates across top Canadian universities (see the full list of universities in Canada and Israel participating in this program: schulichleaders.com/universities) scholarships each year. This scholarship opportunity is for the most promising students that want to pursue their dreams to become global pioneers in Science, Technology, Math (STEM), and Engineering. A similar scholarship program is conducted in Israel that offers additional scholarships annually.
Each of the participating universities on this list (schulichleaders.com/universities) has its own list of eligible STEM programs. To see the complete list of eligible STEM programs at each of these universities, visit the universities page, and click on the logo of the respective universities. A pop-up screen with the list information will appear.
The monetary value of this scholarship for students pursuing an engineering degree is $100,000 and $80,000 for students pursuing a technology, science, or math degree.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
Student eligibility criteria:
- Graduating high school or cégep in the 2021/2022 academic year in Canada
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Someone who plans to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of these 20 partner universities
- Also, for you to be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Academic excellence, AND
- Leadership, charisma, and creativity.
Strong consideration will be given to students with financial needs.
- To be eligible, you must be entrepreneurial-minded and intend to pursue a career in one or more of the following focus areas:
- Entrepreneurship and business enterprise;
- Applied scientific research.
This scholarship is not for students who:
- Focus on activism (environmental/political/societal)
- Intend to become a practicing physician and medical researcher (e.g. Doctor, Dentist, Nurse, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Optometrist, etc.)
- Intend to become a Professor and conduct theoretical research
The nomination deadline is January 26, 2022.
The process to become a Schulich Leader and to receive the Schulich scholarship is as follows:
- High school / cégep selects one student to be their Schulich Leader Nominee (cégeps may select up to four Nominees)
- Nominee completes a separate Schulich Leader scholarship application
- Universities review applications and select their scholarship recipients
How to Apply for the Schulich Leader scholarship
All applications are submitted electronically. The link to access the Schulich Leader scholarship application is only available upon request by the high school / cégep. To request the link email [email protected]
Schulich Leader Scholarships 2022: Application Deadline:
The key dates for this scholarship program include the following;
- High School Submits Nominee January 27, annually
- Nominee Submits Application January 27, annually
- Universities Make Offers from March 1 – June 14, annually
How to Apply for Commonwealth Graduate Internship 2021/2022