How to Connect Computer to TV Using HDMI
People for so many reasons want to connect their computer(s) to a TV but do not know how to go about it. There are two ways a PC screen can be mirrored on a TV screen. Either through wired or wireless connections. I this piece, we want to show how you can connect your PC to a TV screen using the wired method – HDMI
Please follow our step-by-step guide on how to connect a computer to a TV with HDMI below.
With an HDMI cable handy, power on your PC, and TV. Then Plug the HDMI cable into HDMI ports on both your laptops and TVs.
At this point, your TV screen may turn blue with a No Signal message on display. Depending on your TV model, press the SOURCE or INPUT button on the TV remote to select an input source for the TV. In this case, select HDMI 1 on the TV screen as the input or source.
Once you select the right input source, with the HDMI cable properly connected and fastened, your PC screen will be mirrored on the TV screen. Depending on the Make of your PC, you may choose to mirror or extend your PC screen. These two features give two different levels of control and display. With your PC screen mirrored on your TV screen, everything on the display of the PC will equally be on display on the TV screen. But with screen extension, only the vital and desired parts of your PC display will show on the TV screen.
How to troubleshoot NO Signal
1) On the keyboard of your PC, press the Windows logo key + R key together to open the Run box, then type Control in the Run box, press Enter to open Control Panel. Alternatively, you can type control from your PC’s start or Search box.
2) Click on Display, then
4) Click on Adjust resolution
5) From the Display drop-down list, select TV
6) Then, change the Resolution to earn the best view on the TV screen. Then click OK to save your settings on your PC.
How to resolve no sound from the TV
If after connecting your PC to the TV screen and you could not hear the PC’s sound coming out from the TV, then check if the sound of your TV is muted and that both their volumes are set properly. If the volume is not muted, set your HDMI audio output device as the default device.
Follow the following steps to set your HDMI audio output device as the default device
1) Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom of your PC’s screen. Then click Playback devices.
2) Select your HDMI audio output device and click Set Default.
NOTE: in case you don’t see your HDMI audio output device, right-click on the blank area then tick “Show Disabled Devices”.
Still No Sound?
After all these settings, if you still do not get sound from the TV, you may have to update your HDMI audio output device driver on your PC. You can download this driver update from the manufacturer of your PC. Visit the website of the manufacturer of your PC to download the latest HDMI driver manually.